170 delegates from the political parties in Rojava Kurdistan and Syria attended the two-day workshop of the Kurdistan National Congress (KNK) for Rojava in Rimelan, Northern Syria. Participants of the workshop released a final declaration calling for a national unity congress and a common military organisation to defend Kurdistan.
KNK Co-chair Nilufer Koç read the final declaration in the last session of the workshop. The participants unanimously approved the text.
The declaration of the KNK-Rojava workshop will be presented to the planned Kurdistan General National Unity Conference.
Some points from the resolution are as follows:
– Cultural, civilian and tribal councils should be established and these organisations should be supported.
– YPG/YPJ and all Kurdish forces that fight against terrorism should be supported.
– Efforts should be enhanced in order for the return of those displaced and forced to migrate.
– All political parties should make efforts for the development of the co-presidential system.
– Women’s organisations should be assisted and supported for the ultimate goal of the development and improvement of society.
– Public seminars should be organised to tell and talk about the importance of Kurdistan National Congress.
– Stronger calls should be made for demonstrations demanding freedom for Kurdish People’s Leader Abdullah Öcalan.
– The Kurds living in Shehba Canton and Damascus should be supported as a national duty.
Participants of the workshop also condemned Turkish army’s continuing attacks against Afrin, and decided to establish a committee for a better cooperation and dialogue between the Kurdish parties in Rojava.